Access the Library Database
The Metal Arts Guild has over 600 books, magazines, videos, catalogs and slides for members to get inspiration, technical advice, history, and more. All are available for members to view and borrow. Browse by keywords such as titles, general subjects, and authors online within the MAG Library Database. The library is currently located at Scintillant Studio in San Francisco.
If you are looking to donate items to the Resource Center, please review our Donation Policy below.
- You must be a current MAG member to borrow books from the MAG Resource Center.
- Lending the books you borrow to another person is not allowed.
- Members are allowed to have 3 books checked out at one time.
- Books may be borrowed for one month and renewed twice, provided they are not on hold request.
- Some of our books are now out of print, making them difficult to replace. Please take the utmost care with them.
- If you lose or damage a book, you will be fined the estimated current value of the book.
The MAG Resource Center is comprised of books generously donated by past and current MAG members, as well as specially purchased titles. We appreciate donations of books in good lending condition on all manner of subjects related to jewelry, metalsmithing, and metal sculpture. This includes titles on historical & cultural collections, technical instruction, artist biographies/exhibition catalogs.
Due to space limitations we reserve the right to decline select materials.
We cannot accept magazines, postcard collections, scrapbooks, loose pages from notebooks or publications, and pamphlets.
Thank you for your donations to the MAG Resource Center!
For questions or to set up an appointment to use to Resource Center,
contact Kristina Mitchell – MAGsfLibrary [at] gmail.com